Sunday, February 7, 2010

2nd Day

The second week provided me with a new mindset for my field. I have the opportunity to observe a teacher who was placed in a less than ideal situation, but it doing amazing things for the children in her classroom. I was told who my case study student will be and he is an egg I want to crack! lol that didn't come out right but I feel there is so much behind his quiet personality and curly hair. He reminds me of my brother at that age and I am very intrigued to learn more. I was also given my topic for the math lesson I will teach. I am teaching a small group of slower learners. I am nervous to see if my intended lesson plan is appropriate for my learners and want to hear my teacher's input this week. Erin teaches on Wednesday and I am looking forward to seeing how a math lp that sounds great on paper works with the students. GO Erin!

1 comment:

  1. It really is the best, when you first meet the kids. No one knows the other, but the feelings are mutual on both sided, for why everyone is here. The quiet ones are indeed the best, because eventually when you do crack them, it is so satisfying to see them come out of their shell, and know that you had something to do with it!

    ReplyDelete