This week was our final week at the school. Erin and I were asked to talk to the students before we left and we asked them about their favorite lessons, favorite things we did, and things we should change. They all said that we couldn't have done anything better. Great for our self esteems, not so much for constructive criticism :) The boy Erin observed told us that his favorite thing was being able to spend one on one time with us. double :) The candy worm lesson was also a hit.
I told a classmate what we asked the students and she said I was brave. I don't feel like this was a bravery issue. We wanted to know what the children thought. I believe that Erin and I worked well together and inside the classroom. The two of us were even able to establish some relationships. I really enjoyed this field and I am eager to see if the next one is as rewarding. I learned many things from this cooperating teacher and my case study. My only regret is that my schedule would not allow me to spend more time with them to observe different parts of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I know I was nervous asking the students what they thought we could do different. But we honestly did want their opinion! "A" melted my heart when he told the class that he enjoyed spending time together when it was just "me and them." What a great experience! Thanks for being an awesome field partner!
ReplyDelete