Goals for my Field...
1. My first goal would be to become comfortable with an older group of children. I have experience with children 3-5 years old and the idea of working with older children frightens me. If I were to be placed in grades 1-3, I would hope that the field would give me a little bit of confidence.
2. Another goal I have for my field is to expand my knowledge of workable lesson plans. I am ever grateful for the internet, but its not the same as seeing lesson plans in action. I love getting ideas from different teachers and I am not ashamed to ask. Maybe I should be? I would like to think that teachers want to help each other out. I take it as a compliment when a teacher thinks my plan will work well in her classroom and I hope other teachers do too.
3. During this field, I hope that I that I learn how to do do things well. Teach, classroom management, assess, observe, all of it. I know I won't be an expert, but I hope to have experiences and constructive criticism that will allow me to grow as a person and teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Teaching is all about sharing in my opinion! If our passion is helping a child succeed and you know you have something that works, why not share it with a fellow teacher?
ReplyDeleteLast year, I had a co-worker that would never share. Leading to a very difficult working situation. This year however, I am working with such a talented and creative teacher I sometimes wish that I was one of the 4-year-olds in her classroom. She is always sharing and making copies of her lessons for me (as I do for her). I constantly bounce ideas off of her, since she has much more experience than I do. I am so thankful to be working right next door to her!
I do not think you should ever be afraid to ask anything. ANYTHING! I think veteran teachers are happy to help out, especially first year teachers. Well, the crabby ones, maybe you want to leave alone. I have the same goal as your first. I hope to be working with older kids this semester, and I hope it will also go well. From what I have seen of you and your desire to be a great teacher, I know you'll excel!
ReplyDelete